Sunday, December 12, 2010

Whats in the cards?

A crazed and manic storm of everything-all-at-once has started to subside.
With a week until setting sail on some travels, I tried to stack as much as possible in.
Had an early Christmas celebration at the McCarthy's, a wedding reception, wrote/shot listed/storyboarded (and eventually postponed) the shooting of a music video for David Lynch, searched the city for a new apartment, and even found some time shoot some interviews for Mathaf (the new modern and contemporary art museum in Doha) with The Narcicyst, Omar Offendum, Shadia Mansour, and others.
But I have to say, my favorite bits of the chaos was popping in to lend a hand on Ben Robinson's new short film; Topaz Duo: Cosmic Phoenix.
The combined total of around 18 hours I spent on set, I witness some of the most insane things I have ever seen. Lazer gun keytars, 11th dimension time portals, zombies, and most importantly, lounge singers.
After months of shooting, the film is finally done and is now moving into post production for a massive amount of special efx and editing.
I seriously CAN NOT wait to see this bad boy.
Its going to make some peoples minds explode for sure.
With all the mayhem aside, its time to prep for a flight back to Cairo tomorrow to shoot another 6 days for Zabaleen.
Once that is done (on the 19th), I fly back to Doha for half of a day to repack and fly out to New York with Lauren to finish out the year and ring in the new one.
Exciting times. Exciting times.

No comments:

Post a Comment